Victoria Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
COVID-19: The Health and Safety of Members is Our Priority
UPDATED 28 October 2020
We’re so excited that the state government has announced they’re easing COVID-19 restrictions.
This means on Monday 9th November, all swim schools in metro Melbourne can open their doors! Our swim schools in Lara & Geelong are now open.
The reopening of our centres will be based on current medical advice, supplied by the state’s chief health officer.
In order to comply with government regulations, and to ensure we’re following our COVIDSafe plan we must:
- Ensure our density limit is based on one swimmer per 4m2 (up to a maximum of 20 swimmers)
- Maintain social distancing outside of the pool and strict hygiene practises at all times
What does this mean for swimming lessons?
- The good news is that being a small, boutique swim school the density restrictions will not affect our timetable. You can simply return to your usual lesson once we reopen
- Only one parent/guardian per family should accompany the child to their lesson
- All visitors over 12 years old must wear a face covering when outside of the pool
- Seating will be changed to ensure social distancing
- Teachers are allowed to come in to contact with children due to safety. However, they will keep classes moving and minimise close contact when possible
- We’ll be collecting attendance data so contact tracing can occur if required
How will you be maintaining strict hygiene standards?
- Hand sanitiser will be provided upon entry and exit of the facility
- We’ll regularly disinfect high touch areas
- We’ll disinfect shared equipment, changing rooms and change tables between lesson
- Social distancing of 1.5 metre swill be enforced within the facility
- We won’t be accepting cash payments
- All staff have completed the Australian Government Infection Control module
For the most up to date information on state restrictions, visit the Victorian Government website.
To learn how the health and safety of every member and employee will be prioritised when we reopen our doors, watch this video:
For more information please contact us.