Our enrolment form includes a signed acknowledgment to confirm that you understand and will abide by these policies. The policies listed here are general, please refer to your individual site’s membership policies issued to you upon joining as there may be slight variations.
We are a private, members’ only facility, and children may only begin lessons once membership has been accepted. A position in a class is secured only once it is paid for in advance.
Enrolment is ongoing and you can start at any time.
● Your child will be placed in a class and will attend on the same day and time each week
● We do not hold places or accept part payments
● Memberships and lessons are NOT transferable nor refundable to other people including family members, and cannot be credited unless JUMP! is at fault
● Planned JUMP! closures are on all public holidays and for up to two (2) weeks over the Christmas/New Year period. You are not charged for these days, therefore make up lessons are not required
● If a group lesson has one (1) or two (2) students in it, JUMP! reserves the right to consolidate that class. At least one week’s notice will be provided of the change and we will do our best to find a suitable alternative class JUMP! does not guarantee teacher requests and teacher schedules may change at any time
● You may be given access to a Customer Portal which allows you to manage your child’s enrolment. It is critical that you check your emails for notifications regarding this
Lesson fees are payable in advance and only current, paid members can attend classes. A position in a class is not held without payment. The fee structure is calculated on a ‘cost per lesson’ basis. Our preferred option is monthly payments via Direct Debit. A security deposit equivalent to up to two (2) weeks’ lesson fees may be charged, so that lessons are always paid in advance.
Direct Debit is a month-by-month payment option.
● A Direct Debit form must be completed and returned upon enrolment
● Please note any additional fees that are indicated on the form, including fees for declined debits
● A deduction will be made monthly from your nominated bank account or credit card on the noted date
● The Direct Debit amounts payable may differ depending on how many lessons there are in the period you are being charged for. For example, if charged monthly there may be four or five lessons in that month
● Membership is ongoing and debits will continue until a completed cancellation form is received by JUMP! at least two (2) weeks before the end of the month. If we do not receive the form on time, the following month will be charged
● When commencing lessons mid-month, you will be charged upfront for the remaining lessons in the month to align with the Direct Debit processing dates, along with the membership fee and any deposits
● A security deposit equivalent to up to two (2) weeks’ lesson fees may be charged with the upfront payment for the remainder of the month. Upon the customer providing the required two (2) weeks’ notice of cancellation, these lessons can then be utilised
● Failed Direct Debit payments must be paid for prior to the next scheduled lesson
● Failed Direct Debit payments incur an admin fee from the Direct Debit provider. Please refer to your Direct Debit agreement for relevant fees
● If your Direct Debit payment fails more than three (3) times in a row, JUMP! reserves the right to suspend Direct Debit payments and request upfront payments
Changes to Lesson Fees We try to keep our fees as low as possible whilst maintaining the highest standards. However, as costs increase, JUMP! reserves the right to occasionally adjust our fee schedule. You will be given a minimum of 14 days’ notice of any new fees.
If three (3) or more members of one family attend swimming lessons they will receive the following discounts:
● Membership is capped at three for families of three or more students e.g. a family of five enrolling for lessons would receive free membership for their fourth and fifth child
● A 10% discount applies to the lesson fees of the third and subsequent children e.g. in a family of four the first and second children’s fees would be full price, while the third and fourth children’s fees would be 10% off
● Most children benefit from attending more than one lesson per week. A discount of 10% is offered for each additional weekly lesson a child may undertake
There is a limit of one (1) make-up lesson per calendar month for absences notified as per this policy. Make-up lessons do not accumulate if unused.
● Make-up lessons are valid for 31 days only from the date that the notified lesson was missed. Unused lessons after this time will be forfeited
● We must be notified of absence, preferably via the Customer Portal, prior to the start of the class. When notice is provided within the site’s required timeframe you are eligible for a make-up lesson. If notice is not provided within the required timeframe you would not be eligible for a makeup lesson (please refer to your specific site’s policies for required notification timeframe)
● Notifications of absence are preferred via the Customer Portal however you may also notify of absences via phone, in person at the centre, SMS, email or Facebook messenger
● Cancellation of membership will result in the forfeiture of any unused make-up lessons
● Make-up lessons are subject to availability and we cannot guarantee specific teachers, days, or times
● Missed private lessons can be made up in a group class
● If a make-up lesson is missed, it cannot be re-booked
● Make-up lessons are not guaranteed and are available only when pre-arranged. It is your responsibility to book make-up lessons
● Make-up lessons cannot be backdated, transferred, extend lessons past your “paid to” date, or reduce a Direct Debit payment
● If classes are full, make-up lessons will not be able to be booked as we do not overbook classes
● Due to class availability, we may not be able to book a make-up class more than 48 hours in advance
● Doctor’s certificates are advised for extended illnesses
● Reusable swim nappies are mandatory for hygiene reasons as faecal incidents can result in pool closure. Any child who requires nappies normally must wear a reusable swim nappy for lessons.
● Swimming caps are provided as part of the membership pack to all independent swimmers. These are recommended to be worn to ensure fewer distractions for your child and for pool hygiene
● It is recommended that parents/carers wear a rash vest in the water. This assists the child to gain independence through reaching for and holding the shirt instead of the parent having to always lift and hold the child
● No streetwear/casual clothes will be permitted in the pool e.g. cotton t-shirts, shorts, etc.
● Swimwear (including nappies) must not be removed on pool deck at any time
At JUMP!, we welcome you capturing the special moments of your child on camera or video, however the privacy of others must also be respected. Capturing still or video footage is conditional upon the following:
● If you capture an image or private conversation of another child or individual, you must have all relevant individuals (or their parents) consent to use, publish, or broadcast images or video footage
● Under NO circumstances are cameras or mobile phones to be used in change room areas or showers
● You agree to comply with any request by JUMP! staff to discontinue use of your camera, mobile phone or video, and to delete requested images or footage, where JUMP! staff reasonably consider that someone’s privacy may be breached
● JUMP! may take photos and videos to use for social media and other marketing purposes. JUMP! may also use photos or videos posted onto social media at their discretion. If you do not want to have photos or videos taken of you or your child, please inform us directly
All cancellations require two (2) weeks’ written notice. No paid fees are refundable.
● Direct Debit payment cancellations require a notice of two (2) weeks prior to the end of the month or the scheduled Direct Debit date
● 12 Week Pre-Payment (if offered as a payment option at your site) cancellations require two (2) weeks’ notice prior to the end of the 12 week block (at lesson number 10)
● Any deposits paid will be reimbursed by way of swim lessons upon receiving the two (2) weeks’ written notice
● If two (2) consecutive classes are missed and there has been no communication from the family, JUMP! reserves the right to cancel the membership and you will not be entitled to a refund
Membership Cancellations by JUMP!
We reserve the right to cancel your membership if you do not follow the set policies or if you or your children conduct themselves inappropriately at a JUMP! site.
● Comply with our rules and follow directions of our staff
● Inform us if your child has any pre-existing injuries or health issues
● Pay your fees on time
● Keep us updated on any change of your personal details including contact and bank details
● Be courteous, respectful and kind to our staff, other parents and children at the centre
● Supervise and mind your children at all times, including being at the centre when they are in the pool
● No food around pool area or glass containers allowed
● Be responsible for your own personal belongings
● Belongings left at JUMP! are put in the ‘lost property’ area and periodically donated to charity
● Keep your child out of lessons for the specified Health Department exclusion period of two (2) weeks after an incidence of diarrhoea or vomiting or other communicable illness so that it is not passed along to fellow students and teachers