Summer water-safety tips: at the beach
Beach days are the best days!
Check out our top five tips to keep the family safe at the beach this summer:
- Only swim at patrolled locations, between the flags.
- Check the weather and wind conditions before you jump in the car. Make sure the water is calm enough for safe family play.
- An adult must be on-watch or better yet, in the water with children at all times.
- When in the water, always face the waves so you are prepared for what is to come.
- Lifeguards are beach safety super-heroes! Ask a lifesaver for advice if you are unsure about anything as they will be able to tell you about conditions and any precautions you should take.
Playing in the ocean is a great opportunity for your kids to practise the skills they’ve learnt at their JUMP! swimming lessons. If your kids are not enrolled in swimming lessons, get in touch with the team at your local JUMP! swim school today.